About the Organization
Girl Up is a girl-centered leadership development initiative, focusing on equity for girls and women in spaces where they are unheard or underrepresented. We believe when girls and women are in positions of influence, they work to create a more just and equitable world for everyone.
Girl Up operates a global network of regional affiliates reaching 125,000 girls in 130 countries. We deliver evidence-based leadership development training through our girl-led Clubs, programs, and events. As members of a global movement, girls are a force for social good — connected to a Community of their peers who are advocating for policy change and advancing gender justice.
Founded in 2010 and hosted by the United Nations Foundation, Girl Up welcomes girls and youth of all gender identities to start a Club and join our movement to advance gender justice worldwide. Together, we are expanding girls’ skills, rights, and opportunities to lead, and changing the face of leadership for generations to come. In India, we are currently supporting 540+ Clubs across 25 States and U.T.’s focusing on issues like menstrual equity, SGBV, SRHRJ, mental health and STEM.
About the Position
The Associate-Programs, alongside the team, will support the creation and management of overall strategy for Girl Up in India and oversee its implementation, including goals on youth engagement, communications and partnership building and engagement. This role comes with great autonomy and responsibility to handle multiple tasks.
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, 16th August 2022
- Location: Full Time role based in Delhi-NCR/Hybrid Contract
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension (Independent Contractor)
- Desired start date: September 2022 (flexible)
- Languages required: English and Hindi
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Country Manager in setting up the Girl Up India affiliate, as necessary, including drafting and institutionalising goals and best practices related to overall strategy, programming delivery, HR, fundraising and more;
- Supporting fundraising and partnership efforts at local level
- Community building through developing engaging programming;
- Overlooking Girl Up India’s social media alongside the Communications Coordinator;
- Ideating, designing and curating events and campaigns;
- Creative problem solving and coordinating with the entire Girl Up India community including youth clubs;
- Managing and providing ongoing support to the Regional Leaders in India to carry out the vision of Girl Up India, including planning and coordinating efforts focused on training and engagement;
- Developing and updating Girl Up program resources such as, skills-based toolkits and presentations to inspire and support Girl Up Clubs and leaders throughout the region, both in English and Hindi, as necessary;
- Developing and executing surveys to measure Girl Up’s impact and establish feedback mechanisms to improve program execution;
- As requested, attending relevant public events including conferences and symposia in the country, in support of these Services and advising Girl Up on any learnings; and
- Creating and actively contributing to a safe, inclusive, affirming environment for all team members.
- A master’s degree in social sciences or humanities or other relevant fields
- Candidates should have at least 1 year experience in a similar role with experiences of community building and engagement through effective and targeted programming
- Must have a deep and nuanced understanding of Indian intersectional feminist politics
- Commitment to girls’ leadership and gender equality
- Research skills and ability to convert research into accessible, impactful content
- Have clear written and verbal communications skills
- Should be a self-starter, willing and able to take initiative
- Ability to stay organised, meet deadlines, and work well with the team in a fast paced working environment