About the UNDP:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
About the Opportunity:
|Location :||New Delhi, INDIA|
|Application Deadline :||31-Aug-22
(Midnight New York, USA)
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is
expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||15 months|
- Academic: Master’s in sustainable development, economics, public policy, environment studies, international trade, health, agriculture, international relations, global governance or related areas.
- Professional Experience:
- Essential: At least 5 years of experience in specific or various domains of development (human development, crisis, sustainability, gender, climate change, SDGs, economic recovery, innovation, trade, global or digital public goods), global governance or policy
- Essential: Demonstrated experience in development of written technical documents, policy papers and/ or ministerial statements (links should be included in CV).
- Preferred (but not essential): Experience should include demonstrated instances of engagement (contributing to, participating in or leading discussions) with multilateral forums such as (but not limited to) the G20, G7, NGFS, BRICS, ASEAN
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of the Consultant is to provide research, policy and coordination support to the G20 Presidency to further align the G20 agenda with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development including supporting the development of input papers, issue briefs, identifying concrete deliverables / outcomes, developing based on guidance from UNDP thematic experts.
- The Consultant will be placed within the G20 Secretariat, and on a day to day basis coordinating with a focal point from G20 Secretariat.
- Taking stock of the background of the assigned G20 Working Group
- Evaluate the work done under previous Presidencies of the G20 in the context of the assigned G20 Working Group / Development Working Group
- Review of India’s G-20 Priorities / desired outcomes as formulated by the G20 Secretariat in the Presidency and / or co-chair note(s) as applicable.
- Based on guidance from UNDP focal points, provide support on sustainable development related issues with a focus on international cooperation in various policy areas related to global sustainable development challenges.
- In consultation with UNDP’s Policy Unit provide the G20 Secretariat with support to align the 2023 G20 agenda and priorities with the UN agenda, including the UN Summit of the future (September 2023).
- Develop forward-looking analysis on emerging trends and global challenges to develop G20 policy options in relation to the 2030 Agenda implementation.
- The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as Responsive to the requirement.
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation;
- Technical Criteria weight – 50%
- Interview weight – 20%
- Financial Criteria weight – 30 % (only candidates who score a consolidated 70% in the technical criteria and interview would be invited to submit financial proposals)
Salary- Submission of Proposal:
- Financial Proposal: Technically qualified consultants will be requested to submit their lump sum rate i.e. consultants who score more than 70% i.e. 49 marks with respect to the above-mentioned evaluation criteria (which includes both the technical and the interview).
- Consultant should not specify their consultancy fee on their CV or with the submission. The CV will not be evaluated further in case the consultant submits the same. When submitting CVs, candidates are requested to submit a document that is clearly responsive to the technical evaluation criteria.
CLICK HERE, for Official Notification and Application.
Internship Opportunity at Advocate J L Soni at Jabalpur High Court [Offline]: Apply Now!
African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2022:Apply Now!
error: Content is protected !!