About the Organization
GE HealthCare is a subsidiary of American multinational conglomerate General Electric incorporated in New York and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. As of 2017, it is a manufacturer and distributor of diagnostic imaging agents and radiopharmaceuticals for imaging modalities used in medical imaging procedures
About the Opportunity
This intern works on proof-of-concepts related to new areas in NextGen C Engineering.GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Works on projects often requiring independent decision-making. These projects are normally scoped to last between 6 and 12 months in duration.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices, or to provide updates.
- May be asked to learn on the job to adapt to the needs of the concept prove-out
- May be asked to take on certain aspects of a full time job within the function the intern is studying.
- For example, may be asked to write software code if in an engineering internship
- Bachelors/Masters in STEM Majors.
- Should have a project work as part of the curriculum.
- At least 24 credit hours of coursework toward a bachelors/technical (or equivalent) degree in the function you are interning or a recent graduate from a Bachelors/technical program in the function you are interning.
- Equivalent GPA of at least 3.0
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.