About the Organization
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world,” and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking Team leads for our transportation team. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers
We’re seeking a Team lead for our Delivery center. In this role you will be responsible for shift operations at our DCs and support the DC manager in performance management and driving the operational plan.
- Defining , building and executing the delivery process from delivery station to customer address
- Ensure enough bandwidth in territorial delivery team to ensure peak time delivery management
- Engage closely with the delivery team including associates, developing and maintaining a highly motivated and performance driven team.
- Continuously improve the delivery process and attain a sustained level of delivery performance, through process and training improvements. Initiates improvements to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
- Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve performance
- Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
- Strong leadership capabilities and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and exp lain to individuals & the team, what needs to be achieved for the Delivery Center /Amazon to achieve its objectives.
- Listening skills: Gains input and commitment from all involved in delivering their specific part.
- Strong Bias for great customer service: Engage the Team in developing their understanding of Customer
Experience And Knowledge Of What Customers Actually Needs/expects.
- High Ownership: Follows through to ensure the delivery of changes/solutions/services that fulfill the Customer’s needs.
- Analytic al Skills: Effectively analyses and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
- Graduation. MBA desirable.
- People management experience. Experience in handling team is highly desirable.
- Experience in handling live operation preferred (wherein decisions have to be taken on the spot and actions needs to be initiated right away)
- Knowledge of city topography and road network is an added advantage
- Management experience in delivery operations is desirable.