World Bank Junior Professional Associates (JPA) Program is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development at World Bank.
About World Bank Junior Professional Associates (JPA) Program 2022
The Junior Professional Associate (JPA) program is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development.
In your JPA assignment, you’ll use your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your knowledge of technology and your research abilities – working with more senior colleagues and project teams in their work both in operations and in corporate functions.
You’ll have an opportunity to hone your skills and acquire new ones while gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges of reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity.
Your experience as a JPA may be used as a stepping stone to a career in government, consulting, the private sector, academia or other development agencies.
What are the looking for?
- Your academic achievements are superior and place you in the top portion of your graduating class.
- Your analytical and research skills extend to areas of specialization such as: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment (climate, blue economy), infrastructure, private sector development, as well as other related fields, including corporate and administrative functions (IT, legal, accounting, communications, etc).
- You are fluent in English and, preferably, in at least one other Bank language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, or Chinese). You love technology and integrate it in your work.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the JPA program:
- Be 28 years of age or younger on your first day of service
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- Be fluent in English
- One or more of the Bank’s working languages is a plus: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- Positions may be located in any of the World Bank’s offices across the world.
- 2 Years
- A JPA assignment is not an entry point for a career at the World Bank and employment beyond the two-year contract will be prohibited for a period of two years after the end of the contract.
- However, some former JPAs may rejoin the organization later in their careers after gaining experience elsewhere and becoming experts in their professional fields.
What do they offer?
- Opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience in a premier development institution, on a two-year, non-renewable Extended Term Consultant (ETC) contract with benefits.
- Salary for JPAs: All JPAs are ungraded and paid the same fee, which is set at the minimum of the GD grade of the salary scale for HQ or the respective Country Office.
- Minimum Salary Range for India (GD): 7 LPA-22.67 Lakhs Per Annum
- Minimum Salary Range for India (GE): 11 LPA-34.06 Lakhs Per Annum